Sorry for the long post, I tried to optimize this to Tumblr’s 500px width on photo posts and it turned out much bigger than expected D:
The tutorial for how to make a figurine like this one!
How big is the hood?
- Mine is 16 cm in height and 10,5 cm in width on the biggest area following the template. I didn’t include it in the tutorial seeing as this all depends on the size of your cone and the head
How big is the hole in the hood supposed to be?
- Depends a lot on the size of your head and the figurine’s size in general. I didn’t want to draw it seeing as I adjusted mine so much. Test your way through!
Why aren’t there pictures for all of the steps?
- Two reasons: 1) They’d take up too much space 2) I forgot to take pictures many, many times :I
How much did it cost?
- I really have no idea because I had so many of the tools and materials already. It also depends on where you shop! Although, cotton, styrofoam and cardboard isn’t exactly expensive, so it’s not going to break your bank account. The most expensive thing I bought was that golden glitter glue.
How much time did it take?
- Not easy to answer. I worked a bit on it through the entire summer so it was stretched out over a long period. Last time it only took me a couple of days, but this time I used a lot more figuring out the shape of the hood. However, now that I know the shape, it wouldn’t take me more than a couple of days either.
Did you figure out to create it all by yourself?
- Sure did! A lot of people think I read a guide or something like that, but I just wanted a figurine and thought I might as well make one myself with some fabric and styrofoam. I’m pretty good figuring out stuff like that.
The journeyer and the game Journey (2012) belongs to ThatGameCompany